• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my Daughter to Poop in the potty?

She is almost 3. She decided on her own that it was time to use the potty. She did so well. Now, she has "decided" to poop her panties. We can't figure out how to make her stop. We have tried punishing her and we have tried rewarding her for pooping in the potty. Neither has worked. We are at the end of our rope. She is definately doing it on purpose. She is very head strong and does things on HER schedule. She is our youngest child. Your help would be appreciated! Thanks!

OKCircusMommy

Asked by OKCircusMommy at 8:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• when my dd pooped in her panties, i spanked her & she stopped doing it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We have tried that. She told me in the candy isle that "spanking didn't work" so she would try candy. Grrrr.... She is very head strong. I only THOUGHT my oldest was strong willed. Thanks for your imput!
    OKCircusMommy

Answer by OKCircusMommy at 12:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Children shouldn't be punished during toilet training, it is counter-productive. Have you tried commando in the house? No underpants, no pull up, no pants. Buy her a potty watch, they're $11. When it goes off it lights and sings a song. It also takes YOU out of the occassion so that she doesn't see it as a battle front. When she successfully goes she gets a couple of cents or a dime for her piggy bank. Tell her when she gets $2 or something like that, you will take her to buy $2 worth of whatever she wants. Trust me, she will want to earn that money.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 12:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009