Does the rate of fetal heartbeats really determine sex?

I just want to ask a fun question...

I had my ultra sound yesterday and my babys heartbeat was 138... Now with that said I have 2 little girls and BOTH of them at the first ultra sound appt had a heart beat of 160...So Im not going to get my hopes up for a little boy, but I want to hear what your babies heart rates were and what the sex ended up being.

lvnmygrlz

Asked by lvnmygrlz at 9:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my first child the heart rate was 160 and i had a girl
    this pregnancy the heart rate is 167 and i will let you know in a week if its boy or girl. i think they do but there is an occasional one that proves the myth wrong
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• They say it is an old wives tale. However, in my family it has predicted the gender of every child VERY accurately. So much so that when my daughter's was 165, my mom went out and bought girl clothing that she would not have been able to return. Since then my friends have had 6 babies, and it was accurate every time. I even freaked my friends out when they had twins and I accurately predicted Baby A was a girl and Baby B was a boy, based on heart rate.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 9:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my babys heart rate is in the 140s and its a boy.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i think it is a myth.. at the beggining of my pregnancy the heart beat was really fast and every 1 was like ur having a gurl and i found out I was having a boy.. the heart rate is like 130 something everytime now!
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my co-worker swore she was having a girl because of the high heart rate, she had a boy.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 10:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• which heart rate do they go by?? At my 6 week ultrasound the heart rate was 101 BPM, at my 10 week ultrasound it was 170 BPM, which should i go by?
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i think its one of those things where most of the time, its accurate, but not always....kind of like the chinese calendar. almost always right, but not 100% of the time!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 10:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My daughters heartbeat the first time we heard it was 170... it stayed between 155 & 165 the entire pregnancy.

Everyone of my friends have been able to tell what they were having from the heartbeat.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 10:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Both my boys had heartrates of 140! =)
    AddisonsMom247

Answer by AddisonsMom247 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Both my girls were over 165. In the beginning the heartrates are higher because the babies are smaller then they should slow down a bit. Im having twins now and when i went for my 11 week apt she listened to the heartrates and we heard both which was nice, when i asked her what they were reading and she said "Very normal" I didnt want her to think i carred about gender so i dropped it. But i bought a fetal doppler so i can listen at home!
    morelove81

Answer by morelove81 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009