Why are men such babies?!

Ok so we all had the 24 stomach bug...kids included...well, me, DD and DS had it Monday and Monday night DH got it...So even though I felt like crap, tired,achy, head ache and weak, Monday night, I had to suck it up at deal with the kids because DH started....BUT the world had to STOP because DH got it! He couldn't do a damn thing because he was "sick" yet didn't mind that I was still getting over it and had to do everything! UGH! drives me nuts!

mere417

Asked by mere417 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think its got something to do with testosterone... It just evaporates when they become ill... leaving them like helpless, crying 5 year olds.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• because they thought they married there mommies...lol..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i agree with crystal1124. my dh is also the sameway he gets sick hes a lump in the bed. and not only do i care for all the kids and housework and food and make him toast and get him meds and keep kids quiet so he can rest which is hard with a 3 year old. but when im sick or feel like im dying im alone and still doing for him and the kids. i dont get to lay in bed and rest. by the time he gets home from work i already feed and put the kids to bed. and i will say thanks for the help couldve comehome at a decent time so i could lay down. i always say wait till your sick again i will leave the kids with you.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Moms are just the stronger more nurturing people (in most cases). Its hard to lay around when there is so much to do. Your hubby is blessed to have a good woman that takes care of him and he knows it.. so he feels comfortable laying around and letting you handle him and the kids. It may not even cross his mind "hey she probably feels as lousy as I do". I think its just a sign that you are a good woman. Tell him the cafe moms have decided you deserve flowers!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 9:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I know how he feels. I had a stomach bug in December and I could hardly get out of bed. I felt horrible. I had my SO watch the baby the whole day. Thank God he got called off of work that day. Everyone handles being sick differently but I do know what you mean.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My hubby's the same way. I can't stand it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Seriously.. I've been Married A long time! Its like the Say if Mama ain't Happy ain't no one Happy! Wrong! Nothing is worse then A Pissy-Whinny Sick DH! Gotta' Love 'em Though!! I do hear you!! They just don't get it....Our Daughters are now Married & Grown! We have 2 Teen Step Sons. A 1 & nearly 4 year old Grandsons! Many times We Baby sit for 12 hour Shifts... If I go up on the computer for even A short time he has problems coping.... Much less Nothing if he's Ill! Plus+ I'm A chronic Migraine sufferer & have no meds. or medical Care... I Just Go on & Adjust!! And Do what has to be done... Its how we Are.. We are Really the Stronger Sex I think! Good Luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Men are just big babies when they get sick and mommys are not allowed sick time! When DS was 3 DH was lying in bed like he was gonna die with the same thing I had a few days earlier, DS goes in to check on Daddy and comes to me and says
    "We need to take daddy to the hospital"
    why
    "I think he's dying"
    "Daddy has the same thing I had the other day he'll be fine"
    "You weren't sick Mommy"

Umm yeah I was but the world just doesn't stop for Mommies to be sick!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Actually DH is a lot stronger than I am when he gets sick. I had getting the flu and I'm down and out when I do get it. Although, DH did say that I was much better this last time I got it :)

He doesn't really get sick that often, but when he does he isn't a baby about it.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I could be puking up a lung and still get up and do what needs done. Men are babies! What is that saying about Jesus being a woman? Even after he died he still got up because there was work to do lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009