How often do you have yeast infections?

I usually have 2-3 a year. Gyno says its normal, regardless normal or not, it's still annoying. It's one itch that you can't scratch.

Woke up this morning and wooo hooo I got one, so I figured I'd ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Health

• I get them a few times a year too. On top off every time I get an antibiotic. I was told the yogurt trick already suggested above, and it does help to lessen them at least. GL, they really suck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I've never had one... knock on wood.

My sister used to get them 4 or 5 times a year. She was 14 when she had her first one and was so worried something was wrong with her because no one she knew or asked had one at 14 and she got paranoid there was something wrong with her. Then she went to the gyno and was told it was normal, but that she is just one of "those unlucky women"

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have a lot more then this!!!! Ugh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I've never had one either. My mom gets them every time she's on an antibiotic...I was spared from this curse, thank God.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Sorry, that is not normal. Try eating yoghurt every day (the real kind with live cultures and without gelatin) and not eating refined sugar or whites (white bread, white rice, white pasta, etc.).

Answer by rkoloms at 10:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I've only had maybe 2-3 in my whole life ... I'm 27 years old.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• iT IS NORMAL SOME PEOPLE ARE MORE PRONE TO THEM THAN OTHERS. i HAVE HAD LIKE 2 OR 3 MY WHOLE LIFE, BUT ALSO THEY CAN GO AWAY ON THEIR OWN W/ OUT TREATMENT. SO SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON'T KNOW. I NEVER REALLY GET ANY SYMPTOMS ATA LL WITH THEM. THEY DONT ITCH AT ALL 4 ME
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 11:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had one when I was pregnant with my last son.

That's the only one I know of, though...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yeast often occurs after antibiotics are taken for an infection.. You probably need to take a supplement called Probiotics when on antibiotics and eat yogurt. I use stoneyfield brand Plain and sweeten it with honey or unsweetened jam. Sugar feeds the yeast problem, so you should limit your sweet intake. There is also a product that help detoxify your body. Go to www.sharethecause.com/hastily/Unseen-Killers     .  this is an easy simple supplements that you just put in water, juice and take 3 times a day.    This supplement will also boost your immune system and get your body healthy again.  Yeast infection are not normal, it is a symptom of a problem.  Treat the problem.  Message me for more info. or if you are interested in trying this.  I can show you how to order at wholesale price.  Mary

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 12:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009