what would you do..

my daughter was down the street on her bike when she feel off.she had her helmet on and there were lots of parents outside. its a cal de sac so i felt pretty safe.well the none of the moms went over to help her they just left her alone.i always go under the theory that if something happens like that to a child i would help.even the bad neighbors next store i would help the kids if there was a problem...my thing is why didnt these moms or dads help my daughter .i know she isnt there responsibility but.will it be safe for her to go down there again and play.or should i just asume nobody will be watching her or not care????

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Was she flat face on the street or sidewalk? And how old is she?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I feel the same way you do, if I saw a child fall I would go over and make sure they were ok whether I knew them or not. The problem with our society is that no one cares anymore.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• ya she was flat faced and she is 9 yrs old...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• with other kids they arnt reasponsable to watch her i know if there were neighbor hood kids near by i wouldnt watch them BUT if i saw one fall or seem to be hurt i would be there to ask are u ok do u need or want help. never assume someone will watch your child when there down the street. but i agree someone should have at least said you ok. i remember when i was like 5 i was playing down the street i fell and scraped my knee and this old women helped me up and put a bandaid on my boo boo and walked me home and told my mom what happend. my mom was thankful and thankful she wasent a nut job. needless to say i would visit this old women all the time she became a friend and enjoyed some company ( i remember she didnt have anyone ) and was sad when i was told she passed on. women say it as neighbor helping neighbor but that was long ago. times are diffrent. but know if i saw your kid fall i would see if she wanted or needed help.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• hope shes ok. and it was rude for people to turn around and ignore her. i myself wouldve helped her.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• she was scrapped up pretty bad but i think she was more upset that nobody stopped and helped.we asked her last night if she wanted to play.i was at work but my husband was at home and told her he could see her from the house and that he would be working outside in the yard...i think she is scared...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I really am sorry she felt blown off. I think I would have walked her home and told you what I saw regarding the fall. At least she is ok. I remember once this kid hit a rock on his bike and he lost control and ended up crashing it into our fence. He flew over the handle bars and landed in our driveway. My dad walked him home and explained to the parents what had happened. The kid was maybe 5 or 6. We felt so bad for him. The parents were really thankful that not only was my dad not mad, but that my dad stopped and helped him. They brought us cookies like every couple of weeks for the rest of the time that they lived in that neighborhood.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Oh my, I dont' know how many times I've checked on children that I didn't know when they've crashed their bikes
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Ya, I agree that was rude and unkind that no one came to her aid. She told you there were actually adults out there and didn't come to help her? Did another child come and help her?
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• ya we saw the adults and know them..children did come over but didnt do anything.iremember running in the house when i was little and saying so and so just fell off there bike and my mom would come out and help.and my mother wasnt even a nuturing wonderful mom.for now we can see down the street until the leaves come out then they block everything out...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2009