Little Girls 1st Birthday????

My little girl is about to be 1 on the 17th of April, I could really use some ideas on some things to do as far as food and games if you even should have games! And also how long should the party usually last? I figure with them being so little that it probably shouldnt be too long. Thanks in advance.

cheybugs08

Asked by cheybugs08 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• Both of my kids' first birthdays were very small and simple. I didn't want to overstimulate my babies! We had cake, chips, dips, and some different fruits. They only lasted a couple of hours. I only had a party to share with everyone the smash cake moment.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My DD will be 1 on April 8th....her party will be this Saturday. I'm not planning a ton of structured games; I figure she's way too little to understand it. I just got some outdoor toys (giant horseshoes, balls, hula hoops, etc) and am going to let them play. We'll be serving hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch. I'm figuring about 2 hours for duration, an hour to eat and do cake/presents and an hour to play.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When my kids turned one we just had cake and presents. We've never done games because I've always had their parties in the house and we have a ton of people show up. I can't imagine that your 1 year old baby will have any interest in playnig games :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Usually, at that age, the guests are just family and close friends. I would do some social time while people are coming. Then do food and cake and then open presents. I will say, if you plan on letting your baby go crazy on cake, you might want to save that for the last thing. Because it takes forever to get that stuff off of your baby and sometimes even involves a bath. But I would just pick a theme if you want to go that way and make it short and sweet. Our son's first birthday party was about 2 hours but that included everyone just hanging out after the party to watch Carson play with presents.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• First b-day parties are for the adults mostly, the kids won't care one bit. I have never planed games at any of our kids parties, I've alwys just let them run amok and be kids, we did rent a bounce house for our son once. But for a first b-day, ti won't matter to your daughter what ya do lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• thank you ladies for the help! i appreciate it!
    cheybugs08

Answer by cheybugs08 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My daughter will also be 1 on April 17. We are planning a family party on April 18 at 3:00p. She usually wakes up from her nap around 2:30p, so she should be in a good mood. I am not planning anything special. We will have food, cake and ice cream.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 1:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009