• In the Spotlight:

I had my baby 5 months ago by C-section and just now started my period and its so heavy im changing my pad and tampon 3-4times an hour... could something be wrong?

Lovingmykids3

Asked by Lovingmykids3 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Health

• Call your gyn now or go to an urgent care clinic. It could be normal, but it really sounds as though there is something that should be checked.

Answer by Bmat at 10:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yes something could be wrong... call now!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was told to contact my doctor if I soaked 3 pads/tampons in an hour. Just to be safe. I have had to do it once, but I was fine. Just to be on the safe side though, I would contact your doctor.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Echoing the other responses already, definitely put a call into your OB/GYN office. It could be something as simple as your body just readjusting from the hormones after giving birth, but it could be something much more serious. It's always better to err on the side of caution. I hope everything is okay!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I just tried to call the nurse hotline on the back of my insurance card and they said that my insurance had been cancelled (i didnt know that) and they said that they couldnt help me. I dont have the money to pay a huge fee to go to the dr. Should i just wait it out and see if the bleeding slows down tomorrow ?
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had the same exact thing happen when I got my first period after my c-section. I totally freaked out at the amount of blood, and I felt weak, faint, and dizzy. I ended up going to the ER and they checked my blood pressure when I layed down, sat up, and stood up, and it dropped dramatically each time all the way down to 98/56. All they told me is that I was anemic from losing all the blood, and to take it easy. Lay down, relax, do the whole bed rest thing, and take it LOTS of fluids, especially water, and make sure you are eating. It is scary but keep an eye on it. It'll eventually let up, if not, ofcourse see a doctor. Good luck!
    princesslbc83

Answer by princesslbc83 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• you need to be at an urgent care clinic!!!!! get off of here and Go!!!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would go to an urgent care clinic or ER right now! Don't waste any time! Let us know what happens!
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 5:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009