• In the Spotlight:

how do i meet friends when i am a stay a home mom

ROBYNDELA

Asked by ROBYNDELA at 10:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in About CafeMom

• it is hard...um go to the gym join a mommy class, search local moms on here, go to the parks look for playdates, your local church ummm...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You can make friends in local groups (Cafemom might have a group for your area), parks, or the play area in the malls.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Hi ROBYNDELA,
    Welcome to CafeMom!

A great place to get started on CafeMom is by visiting the 'Getting Started' page:

http://www.cafemom.com/about/getting_started.php

You can also join The CafeMom Newcomers Club which is a place for new members to meet friends:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/cafemomnewcomers

Hope that helps and feel free to contact us with any questions.

\The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 10:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I always meet women through my husband... Either he works with them or with their husbands and we will get together once a month and have dinner or go to the mall or somewhere the kids can play. I met a very good friend of mine because they were outside and my son wanted to go play with her daughter... so we went over there and said that he wanted to play and was it okay. 2 years later we are still friends. If someone came up to me and basically said "you want to be friends" out of no where, I'd probably be a little opprehensive at first (you just don't know about people, until you get to know them) but I won't say no.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We have a Mom Club in our city. You may want to check with your city, or surrounding area, to see if there is anything like that offered. Ours is great. They have tons of activities planned through the month, for various times of the day, and you can meet tons of new people. Ours is not just for SAH Moms, but for all Moms.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• There are many groups on www.Meetup.com or look for a MOMS Club international group www.momsclub.org. Good Luck!
    bdg

Answer by bdg at 8:38 PM on May. 6, 2009