I'm so stupid.

I was so stupid to ever think I could go to school with a baby. Today, my babysitter just decided not to be home. I called her while we were there and knocked on her door for ten minutes. She's never done this before. She's always let me know when she wasn't gonna be there. I couldn't get another one because I moved to a stupid town where I don't know anybody to go to this stupid school and now I'm gonna fail. I was stupid to ever think I could do this on my own

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 10:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's jsut one day, relax... it'll be fine :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• no your not stupid. no one said it was going to be easy. talk to your professors explain what happened. they should be understanding. try and find another babysitter asap. you can do it.. its going to be hard.. but its possible :) good luck hon
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• this is just one day? maybe there was a legitimate reason she wasnt there. and you need to just calm down and find out the facts before you get upset. you already said this has never happened before. sounds like you are just having a bad day. hugs* it will gett better.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You are just having a bad day, relax, take a moment, talk to your teacher and explain what happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i know its hard have been there a few times. schhol job u name it. maybe sitter had an emergency and couldnt call u. just be nice and try to find out why. i babysit and even being horrible ill i still watch the kid for her cause i know what its like to need someone and not know many people. i also had a teacher that didnt care if i had a kid or not or that she was sick i had to be there or else. needless to say i faild but re did it at night were at least my daughters dad could watch her instead of by day. and i did great. just talk to who ever u need to and get things stighten out good luck mama. u can do it i know u can keep trying xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• not stupid...not at all. You are just trying to do your best for your family and your baby. Things like this happen, unfortunately, when you have kids. You always have to plan for that unpredictable moment. I would keep trying to get a hold of that siter. Maybe find another one, put an ad on craigslist, but make sure you interview and get references on everyone since it is a new town and you dont know anyone. I am so sorry this happenedto you today. But dont give up, I wish I could say it wont ever happen again, but in honesty things like this waill happen. But dont let it get you down, make a back up plan, keep going and dont ever give up for yourself or your baby. You can do it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes like the rest of us are saying relax and talk to your teacher you have a good excuse to be absent from school. don't worry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Girl I been through the same predicament and I made it through and graduated with two kids. Its just a bump in the road {not even a bump}. Call your teacher and see if you can pick up your school work and turn it in by the deadline. Talk to the babysitter and if you feel like she isn't responsible enough try to find a new one, but Im sure she had a good explanation.
    PS Ever thought about taking online courses.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• no no no, you are not stupid! not at all. you are making a better life!!!! don't give up! is there a day care you can take your kid to? they are more reliable than sitters. more dependable. do some research! do not give up"!!!!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 10:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Is there a day care at school for your baby? They might be sliding scale. Sorry for your rough day. You have a hard job, truly, being a student and a mom. Assuming you're in college, try taking some classes distant learning. It's not cheaper but getting to campus is needed sometimes only for tests a couple of times a semester for some classes. My 21 year old is in college with no car so until one's bought distant learning's taken. If you need one, if you're at a community college, and a class is not available at your college you're supposed to be able to take the course at another local college if that's any help. If you're finishing high schooland you're a mommy good for you!!! Talk to your counselor for ideas of childcare if your hs doesn't offer childcare. Best of Luck Mommy!!! Either way you should be very proud for what you're doing for baby and yourself, your family!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2009