Good deeds

Who is a person who has done something so kind and self sacrificing for you, maybe even life changing( besides family(?
In a world filled with bad news I know there has to be some good stories.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My kids went to Catholic school and we were really having a hard time paying for it one year. I wrote a letter to the principal and explained that we did not think we would be able to send the girls that year because of financial problems. She called me at home and told me the letter made her cry, she added she found a couple from the parish willing to sponser my girls for school that year. I was sooo happy. When I got home from work that evening there were bags and bags from target sitting on the porch. The school secretary, teachers and principal got together and had bought school supplies and back packs lunch boxes etc for the girls with a letter stating what an asset they found the girls to be to the school and that they could not imagine them going somewhere else for school....we are a family!
    God is good all the time....all the time God is good!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• a total stranger. i went to our local gasstation one day filled up my car,got a pack of cigerettes,and a newspaper. and he paid for everything out of the blue. it was wonderful and surprising i didnt even know the man
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It's not life changing but

I was at the store getting stuff for a school fundraiser for my sister. I had cash from the teacher (she was my teacher previously, and we had a very good relationship) but when I got to the check out I was five bucks short... I rummaged through my pockets and pulled out 2.25... A little is better than nothing I guess. I told the cashier I was still short and that I'd just have to put some of it back. The bagger (who only works for tips) gave me three dollars to finish my purchase. The next time I went into the store, I had some money to repay her, but she refused to take it.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• when my dd was about 9 or 10 months old, i was laid off my job & my dh wasn't making a whole lot of money then & we didn't know how we were going to be able to get diapers.. well out of the blue (2 times) the ups man dropped off a huge box of diapers, in my daughter's size, with her name & our address on the box, on my portch..... it was amazing.. & i have no clue where they came from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2009