What is wrong with me???

I am over twenty six and I still do not have my drivers license. I really feel ( forget feel, I know) that this is holding me back. Everywhere I go, my husband has to be with me becasue he has to drive me there. I feel like I have no freedom. I cannot take my children anywhere without my husband being there. Cannot go hang out with friends, because I cannot get there on my own. Who wants to go hang out and their husband has to drive them there? Any suggestions any one on what I can do to get over this fear of driving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Health

• yeah, go enroll in drivers ed. and just do it.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I don't know if there is a past reason that you are afraid of driving, but I would suggest getting help from one of those driving school instructors, there should be listings in your phone book and they probably deal with this a lot. You sound like you really want to drive, make a list of the reasons and keep it handy to help you stay determined to drive.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My grandma is 85 years old and has been married since she was 15. My grandpa has always driven her everywhere. I think thats why she is still married she cant get away! YOu need that freedom even if its just to drive your kids to the park. I would looki into a drivers ed class and go for it! I mean God forbid something happened to your dh.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• have him take u to dmv get a book and study it and when u can go for the test. i didnt get my licence till i was 21. and was in the same boat. my mom took me to get the book and i studyed for 2 days went for the test passed and then used her car and did the driving test passed. and my long trem b/f and father of our dd got me a cheap but decent car life was never the same. im thankful i took that step. or thankful my mom said it was time lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Get your state's driving book and do the practice tests per chapter and end book on line until you ace it. That will give you the courage to take the test in the dmv. In my state driving schools that teach for the written test are few and far between and ultra ultra expensive. It's more economical to study on line with your state book and pay for driving lessons themselves with a driving school. I'm going through this now with my young adult daughter. Doing the studying online and with your state's book in hand won't be intimidating, I bet hubby will gladly watch kids for you every night to do this. You can do this!!! My daughter now has her license and was very comfortable studying on line. She felt very well prepared because she studying about an hour every two to three days for a month between the online practice tests and online final book test. You're raising a kid or plan on it, you're a wife - you're smart!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2009