Boy or Girl? Which do I use?

which heart rate do they go by?? At my 6 week 1 day ultrasound the heart rate was 101 BPM, at my 10 week 1 day ultrasound it was 170 BPM, which should i go by? Or do I have to wait until a later heart rate is determined? I know its an "old wives tale" but its still fun =)

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 10:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• id go by the 10 week for now until you hear them every month and know what the average is :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• most recent :)
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 10:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• whatever it is may it be born strong and healthy and may he/she succeed in this world!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• whoa!!! wait til ur ultrasound!!! TRUST ME!! I have every sign of having a boy...and you know what..im having a girl with in this next week or next week...you cannot count on those wivestales...their all that way...

everyone told me i was having a boy because of the heartbeat, where i gained weight, the shape of my belly...blah blah blah..but i was sooo happy to see on 5 ultrasounds that im having a girl =P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My baby's heartbeat was at least 160 and over every single time they took it. So I thought maybe I would have a girl. But nope it's a boy! I even asked the doctor if that was true about the heartbeats and they said not at all! Sorry to burst your bubble but you can't count on it to be right!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The heart rate in utero will naturally slow down as you get further along too. So I wouldnt start ging by that untill at least 15-20 weeks anyway. You als have tyo consider the fact that if baby is moving a bunch it will be higher too. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The HR is not dependable. Otherwise my first 2 would've been boys and my last 2 girls. My first was a boy and had the slowest heart rate. My second was the second slowest and she was a girl. My last 2 have been boys and each time the hr is faster, so it is the opposite for me.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009