Do you tell your kids what Easter is or just celebrate it with a hunt and sweets?

just wondering that's all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do, the short version at least, mine are still to young to go into all the dynamics of it though But they know jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave...as they get older they ask more questions and I give them mre info.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We are not Christian but my mom is. I let her bring the kids to church on Easter and tell them that part of the holiday narrative. We talk about the parts of it as a celebration of spring and the rebirth of the earth after a long winter.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My kids know the reason WE celebrate Easter (for Jesus). They get small baskets and hunt for eggs...but we don't do the Easter Bunny thing. We don't spend much at all for Easter. Maybe $10-$20 for all 3 kids combined.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• As a Christian family we have raised our children to know the true reason of Easter, but we have also allowed them to enjoy the benefits of pretty baskets filled with candy and gifts.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We don't celebrate Easter, Christmas or most holidays since all are pagan holidays. As a Christian family we celebrate our saviors birth and reserection everyday. Our children are not deprived we buy gifts and celebrate The 4th of July like many do Christmas. Much easier to find toys then too. They are give so much on their birthdays too. On Easter Sunday our church will have a regular service. We are not sell outs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My daughter knows about God and the meaning of both Christmas and Easter.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I teach my kids the reason for the season yes.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We have a special book designed with kids in mind that tell the story of the death and resurrection. We do have baskets and hunts, but that's all because of family tradition. But yes, we do teach them our beliefs about the day.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We tell our 2 year old what he will understand of the biblical story. As he gets older it will get broader. We do, do hunts and baskets as its all part of the fun.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Easter and Christmas are not pagan holidays. They were originally set up during the time of year they were because the church fathers (the CHRISTIAN church that is) knew that it would be easier for new converts (from pagan religions) if they were still able to celebrate at the same time of year.

There are many traditions in the Christian religion (different denominations) which originated from pagan ceremonies or rituals.

You celebrate and worship the way you want.

But Easter and Christmas are NOT pagan holidays, they are Christian holidays. I strongly suggest some research and reading before such accusations are made again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2009