Money, money, money

I absolutely love to spend money. Money that I do not have. I am a stay at home mom. My husband is the only one bringing in any type of income. We used to argue about it but now he justs sits back and lets me do it without even saying anything, so I don't b*itch at him. How do I tame myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Don't buy stuff you can't afford. Its that easy.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 10:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Start by realizing that there is more to your life than "money".

What do you have around you that can love you back that you didn't buy in a store?

To tame yourself: Pick up someones lunch tab today without telling them. Do something completely unselfish for someone else without them knowing!

I would rather have this feeling anyday than what money can buy.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• What I found that really works for me is, if you're in a store and you see a shirt/handbag/make up whatever that you like, you normally pick it up, but walk around with it in your hand for a while, it will become cumbersome and I always realize I don't really need this thing and I don't feel like waiting in line to buy it anyway, so I put it back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• wow.. You should put your family first and shopping last on your list. He doesn't say anyhting because you probably wouldn't stop.. Don't go to the store as much.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You have to put your family above yourself. Spending when you don't have it is selfish. Don't go to the mall and learn to be content with your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• it's pretty easy, really. don't shop.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I say keep shopping!! Just make more money! That's what I do. And the best part is I make my money from shopping and I get pretty good deals on things. Every girls dream, Right! I would love to help you with your problem, so send my a message and I will give you more info about my successful internet business. Your go to my website http://AmmyWilkins.MyWorldResults.com . I hope that you can find a way to make both of you happy!
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 12:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Find something that means more to you that stuff. Or buy it, take it home, decided if its really what you want and if its not take it back.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2009