Should I brush his teeth?

He is 7 month old and has 2 teeth. Should I brush them and how?

Proud2bJmom

Asked by Proud2bJmom at 10:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, either with a tooth brush (they have really small toddler ones) r with even a wet washcloth and water. Just get it wet and rub it over his teeth and let him chew oan it for a second. Get him used to something being in his mouth and start the good habits early.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• YES :) I used to hold onto a toothbrush for my son when he was teething, he loved it! They have baby toothpaste, and even baby finger brushes- it feels really good for them I think! It is never to early to start good brushing habits! Ayden is now 3 and he flosses, brushes no problem!
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 10:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yes, they have soft finger brushes for them.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 10:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes!
    You can use a wash cloth and water. Or you can buy special a special fingertip brush or a baby toothbrush. Your choice.

If you buy toothpaste, make sure you get oothpaste that has NO flouride. He can't use flouride toothpaste until he is old enough to not swallow and to spit - that's usually around 3 or 4 years.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2009