Stripping the Membranes, is it too soon or too early?

April 6th is my next appt. with the doctor..i believe thats on monday? Anyway..That wednesday ill be 38 weeks pregnant. Im 100% effaced and 3cm dialated. I keep going into labor, but then everything stops on its own. (prolly just nerves)

If I were to ask the doctor to strip my membranes you think he would do it?
It doesnt 100% induce labor because ive heard of women that have gone like a week before anything happened. Im just asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No way to tell without asking your specific provider, some will and some won't.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• it depends, my doc striped my membranes when I was preggers with my son, I was 39 weeks, and I had him the next day, BUT before he did that I had my first real contraction in the office, I was 30% effaced at dialated 2cm. Now with my princess, my doc did it at 39 weeks as well. I had high blood pressure and it was getting worse, she schedualed me for an induction the next day, but I was 50% effaced and 3cm dialated, infact I was a very loose 3. So she striped my membranes hopping to get it started early, didn't work with her. Infact the next day, the doc broke my water instead of pitocin. It was a good 3-4 hours after he broke my water before I really felt any contractions AND I was 6cm before I felt any lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• hah i didnt mean to say too soon or too early..i meant to say "Too soon or about right?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Many OB's offer to strip membrans at 38wks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009