Do you actually take the time!?

Many times in the posts/threads people will post links for informational purposes to get their meaning of their answer a clearer point.
I have done it many times...
Knowing that the person posting isn't of the same religion as you or beliefs or lack of...Do you go and read what this person posted or do you skip it thinking that this person is going to try and convert/degrade or even lie to you thru an article? Or do you read it to get a better/knoweledge understanding of this person and their beliefs?

I personally read them all, no matter how boring some of them get (no offense..) and if I can't get thru the whole thing (I read slow... :0 ) I will save that link and go back later...
I love to learn about everything not just on the religion side of things and I have found many interesting things in the articles posted...

Just curious... No Drama needed... LOL....

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 10:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I try to read them all and see them all in the same light. Honestly I don't pay any attention to who posted them, I feel all questions are valid. Now, there have been some that are posted just to push beliefs or hatered but those I just skip - usually...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Most of the time I try to go read them. They're usually pretty informative and give at least an insight on the OP's beliefs. I don't always agree with them, but I do try to understand where they're coming from.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i try to read them, sometimes i just dont have the time. i really like learning about others beliefs & it makes it a lot easier to answer the question. i never think someone is going to try to convert me, it would take a lot more than an internet article to do that haha. i have wondered sometimes if the articles im reading are lies b/c they seem so "out there", but its not that big a deal to me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:12 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I read some of them. It just depends on how much time I have and how interested I am in the topic. I always appreciate that people take the time to provide the link.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The majority of the time I do. Once in a while I get interrupted and cannot finish. I will come back if I can, other times if there are already tons of posts, I may just forget about it.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have posted links hoping others would look. I always take the time to go to other people links too. I am interested in learning about why others beliefs what they do and what those beliefs are. If I can't go to the link right away, I wait to post until I have viewed the link.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I usually go to the links. Even if I don't agree with the OP and know that the links provided will probably be unbiased, I think its important to learn and educate yourself on the issues. You can not give a valid point unless you can analyze both/all sides of an issue and make a choice based on your own personal research.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Depends on the subject and the source. It's not "fear of conversion" just lack of interest or lack of trust of the source. For example - if the subject is homosexuality and the link goes to Fred Phelps' infamous URL, not clicking it, no thanks.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If it is a link that provides insight, most of the time I will check it out.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• most of the time I do not.
    Anonymous