What should I do?

My 8 month old does not like his vitamin drops with iron. and sometimes I forget to give it to him. Is giving his drop important?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there a reason that your pedi advised you to give drops? Is he already on whole milk? Or are you nursing and your diet lacks iron? Unless he is lacking it for some reason then I would not see a need for the drops.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My pediatrician recommended Poly-Vi-Sol w/ iron for my daughter when she was born. My iron was extremely low as was hers. She didn't like the taste of it either (and I couldn't stand the smell, awful!). By the time my daughter was your son's age I was adding it to her bottle, juice, babyfood, etc.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 11:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No. If your doctor prescribed them, missing a dose now and then will not hurt. If your doctor didn't prescribe them, you could stop giving them completely.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009