Washing babyclothes before they are born?

I have tons of clothes that need to be washed before I have my baby (6wks and counting to go) BUT, do I really believe the ultrasound tech. saying that she is a girl??? She said 80% out of 85%. I know I sound craz,y but what if I have to take all that pink stuff back for blue?? I know your thinking it's 5%. I really want to have everything ready when we bring her home. How do I get this out of my head? Do you go throught this? Should I just go for it? Thanks in advance!

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hey best friend... while hubby and I bond with the baby, could you run a few loads of laundry for the baby so it is ready when I get home from the hospital? Just toss it in the dryer before you come over here to visit me, hubby will put it away when he gets home for a fresh set of clothes!! Thanks hun, love you!!
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 11:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Wash a few outfits and save the rest for after baby is born. That way if she's wrong, you're able to take most back.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• you can always start washing the nuteral colored stuff...the stuff boys and girls can wear..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If they only said 80% sure then there is a decent chance it is a boy. I would not wash everything, just in case. You would hate to see all that money wasted. I would invest ina couple netural things. You can always have a friend or relative do a couple loads when you get home.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• She said 80% OUT OF 85% not a 100%. She told me they never give anyone an answer out of 100%.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would wash maybe a week's worth of clothes. Wash anything that could be for a girl or boy like white or yellow. If it's a blanket, it doesn't matter what color. A little boy won't turn gay because he had a pink blanket. So just do a few things. You could even buy a few boy's clothes as well just to be on the safe side.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would wash a few,when you come home with the baby,and it is a girl,when everybody wants to help out ,give them each a load of laundry to do. good luck and conradulations
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would wait too. I had a girl with my last and it was the first girl on my husbands side in 4 generations. He was supposed to be a girl on his moms ultrasound. I was a nervous wreck! I didnt take the tags off of anything, just had hubby throw it all in the washthe day we came home, baby clothes are small, you can fit quite alot in just one load. But I feel ya girl, there is nothing wrong with waiting!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I didnt wash my babies clothes at all..
    We didnt know if she was a boy / girl... so when we had her my mom ran out to buy her a "coming home outfit" ... it went from the store shelf to on her...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• This is one of those times when you actually take up a friend on their offer of "anything I can do to help." Don't wash the clothes, yet. Hit Wal-Mart and buy some Carter's sleep & play stretchie outfits. They cover the whole baby, are very comfortable, and are available in green and yellow! Keep those around for the first few days, and when you're home with your new little one, enlist a friend who has volunteered to help, to wash all the blues or all the pinks!
    By the way, congratulations, happiness and joy to you!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2009