question for SAHM

Do your husbands just make a ton of money or do you simply live frugally and below your means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• my husband makes enough to where are bills are paid & our dd has the things she needs, we don't blow money on stupid stuff
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband makes a good living. But not that good. If we got rid of the dish, cell phone and internet we would have tons more money. But who wants to live like that?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• OH, and sorry, we live within our means too. Means being very careful.
    SusieD250

• We make enough but I like to stay on a budget so that we can save money too but I'm looking for a job. I can't handle staying home ALL DAY. I've only been a SAHM for four months. Props to all the SAHM...it's a tough job and I use to be in the military. LOL
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my husband makes good money, but I am a tight wad lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband makes decent money. We do live on a pretty strict budget and don't go out to eat or the movies. We make other choices like renting and I cook constantly. I have not had my hair done in forever! But it's worth it to me, no joke they grow up so fast I just want to be here for them.

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband is in the army. We don't make great money, but it's stability. We live with in our means, actually: lately it's been above our means a little too much with this ridiculous electric bill we have been having the last 3 months : / gah, winter.

We live pretty frugally too but me working isn't much of an option now. I am pregnant, we have a toddler, and my DH is special ops and get put on call often for deployments. So a job would just be hard, and I don't believe in babies in daycare, so we make it work! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband makes good money, we budget as well but i tell ya times are tough still. We have payments coming out of our ears but we somehow manage as long as we budget. I am also a SAHM and can't work at the moment with ttwo litlte ones running around, but hoping in a year or two so i can contribute and we can enjoy each other and go out once in a while, maybe dinner and a movie instead of at home enjoying it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My DH doesn't make good money at all. In fact, he only makes $8 an hour. We are struggling so bad. I love being a SAHM, but I'm trying to find a job. I have a degree in Public Relations and Business Administration, but the economy is so bad right now, its so hard to find a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband and I are both college students. I stay home during the day with our two young boys. I have chosen to babysit a few kids during the day so that I can stay home with my boys. This gives us a little extra income and the joy of staying home. My husband works 4 days a week and doesnt make fantastic money. We make it work because it is important to us for me to stay home with the boys.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009