What are your opinions on homeschooling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I absolutely love it. My three kids are homeschooled.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Its fine for me but I think kids need a place to interact with each other, make friends, and learn together. I don't think it's healthy for them to be in th house all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Home schooling is a great option for families that move quite often. I know many families that home school their children successfully. It is also a great alternative to poor performing public schools in your area. You control the pace of your child's academic development instead of state mandates. Home schooled children can participate in local school sports as well as the many area that offer sports teams just for home schooled children. There are several websites that can get you in touch with other home schooling families in your area.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 11:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I love it. I homeschool my two children and I love my time with them. I love the fact that I can oversee their progress and adjust to their specific needs. And to Anon 10:31, my kids aren't in the house all the time. Their learning takes place everywhere. We do one to two field trips a week, they get more outside playtime and spend more time learning how to navigate the real world compared to children in school. They are also socially active for their age. I personally think its less healthy for a child to be seated in a school building for eight hours a day than it is to be homeschooled.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i think homeschooling shelters your childen! They are going to go out into the world clueless and made fun of
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think it's great for anyone who chooses to do it. We home schooled our 2 older children. (24 & 18) and now that we have a 2 & 3 yr old, I can't wait to get to home school again!! We loved it and it was the best option for us.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It's not for me. I know I don't have the dedication necessary to do it properly.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I am going to homeschool my children when they get old enough. One is almost 2, the other is almost 3 weeks. And I do not think it shelters the children. They can still play community sports, join the local YMCA, join 4-H, Girl/Boy Scouts. There are plenty of opportunities for them to get involved with other children.
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 11:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It's not something I would ever chose to do, it works great for some, but wouldnt' for us. My kids would hate it, and they both go to good schools
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think it can be a great choice and can be done very well.

I also think it could be done horribly.

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009