Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are our options?

Please read my journal post, and if you know something that we can do about this let me know. I really want to sue my husband's boss, but I don't know if I really can. My husband has not even been getting paid minimum wage, and has been working 60+ hrs weekly. Please actually read my journal before responding. And MUCH THANKS to anyone with any thoughts or suggestions!


Asked by srhmldndo at 11:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 4 (32 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • yeah. I'd have to say AK aries is right. my beau and his brother have been conned like that before. in the future I'd make sure a W 4 form is filled out and never take a personal check from your "boss" or continue working for them if they refuse to pay you on pay roll. aside from that commission jobs aren't always lucrative so I stay away from them, never ever use pressurized water to wash an engine off.

    You may also end up paying back taxes because of this unfortunately. I'm so sorry this happened to your family, and it sucks this looks like a costly lesson to learn so I will throw a free one your way that saved me a lot of hassle and money. "Never buy meat from a man selling it door to door from the back of his truck.".

    Answer by MythicMMM at 12:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • you would probably get more answers if you post the journal's link. no one can see your journals even if they go to your profile page. Good Luck on everything though.

    Answer by MythicMMM at 11:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • Oops, sorry here is the link. I assumed everyone could see it on my profile. :-/

    Answer by srhmldndo at 11:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • Honestly I dont think there is anything you can do. He worked for him knowing the fact that he wasnt getting paid legally and did it anyway, it would be different if he had quit and tried to sue hi, after that fiorst check, but he didn't. As for the last check he is owed, he needs to try to take him to small claims court. You will be out of pocket court costs at first, but if you win the case the boss will have to pay you back the costs. But that is IF you win, and by what you are telling me I am not sure if you would or not. Sorry I couldnt give you better news.

    Answer by AK_aries at 11:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2009