amiotic fluid?

Ive had some discharge this morning that was clear and stringy. Could it be my fluid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Amniotic fluid is not stringy. When it leaks you generally think you've peed your pants.

But, as with anything about pregnancy, babies, and kids... everyone is different. So don't hesitate to ask your doctor. A simple test will let your doctor know for sure.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No. Amniotic fluid isn't stringy, it's watery and very fluid. It would be like peeing almost, but if it's just a leak it would be a small amount.

Clear stringy discharge, is just that, discharge. I get it occasionally. Especially in the AM!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My fluid was a lot like pee but a little thicker. My friend just "sprung a leak" on Sunday, she said you will know the difference.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• when my water started leaking while I was in labor, it bascially feels like you're peeing, but not meaning to. it's very fluid and clear...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009