how many cm's are you before the water breaks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You don't have to be any. Or your water won't break at all on it own.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my water broke at 36 weeks - my OB hadn't even checked to see how many cm's i was or if it was thinning at all, and i'm assuming it wasn't very much.

Sometimes women need to have their water broken. I think it's an individual thing.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 12:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yeah...they had to break my water. I didn't even loose my mucous plug before.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was 6 cm and my water never broke, they had to brake it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Every woman is different. I was minutes from pushing out my son and they had to break my water. My mom was the same way with all four of her pregnancies, even with the twins.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• they had to break my water on both of my kids
    Anonymous

• with my first i was 6 cm and my second they had to break it rgiht before i started to push
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 12:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Well with my first it broke at 5am with no contractions at all until about 9 am and I was 5 cm at 10 am and delivered at 3:30 pm. With my second it didn't break until I started pushing (doc wanted to do it before then and I wouldn't let her). If it hasn't broken by the time you start to push the doc will probably want to break it, but that is not necassary at all. Sorry to all the other ladies, but it will break on it's own when you go to push. Your child will not be born in an unbroken amniotic sac.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I went to the doctor on a tuesday afternoon and I was barely 1cm and not thinned out at all and the next morning my water broke. 6 hours later, I was still at 1cm and still no thinning was taking place. I have what the doctor calls an unresponsive cervix.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was 1cm dilated at 37w2d when I was checked for the first time. I stayed there until I was 39w2d when I was then 2cm. I went into labor exactly a week later. My water broke after just half an hour of contractions, & after being in labor for only an hour and a half, when I got to the hospital I was 7cm, and about 2 hours later I was a full 10 and pushing, 20 minutes later my son was born. Labor was just short of 4 hours long.

But I also thought I would mention that I dilate with BH, I never had any REAL contractions until I went into labor.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2009