Why can't i catch this little mouse?

I have out a regular slap trap with cheese on it, a sticky trap with peanut butter, and one of those traps that when they go in it it closes on them. I know he is mostly under my sink because that is where i see his droppings. So i have a trap under there , one underthe pull out cabinets, and the other over by the fridge and stove. I know he is still there becuase last night when i refilled the dogs bowl, i saw two droppings in there. So i guess he is getting dog food and stashing it somewhere i havn't found yet. I have never had one that hasn't got on a trap by now. This is rediculous. How else could i catch that little critter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• keep trying the peanut butter they like that. or put bread in the traps i know they eat that. hey maybe even a cookie. i went thre this but i tried the glue traps and made the mouse suffer slowly i wanted to cry. so i never use them anymore. i just get the really fast snap ones. its fast and no suffering. i feel bad but i dont like mice in the house spreding germs and god knows what.. good luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Mice and rats actually don't care much for cheese.

My dad swears this works: sew (with a regular needle and thread) a small piece of bacon to the mousetrap...so when they pull it, it snaps and they can't escape with it. He says to take a lighter and singe a corner of it to get it smoking and cooking a little and lay it down. They like the smell!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We actually never had to put ANYTHING on our traps - IDK why, but our little stinkers would just pass right over them. We would place them along their "running route" - where we would see them run the most, along baseboards for the most part.

The bacon idea works well, so does peanut butter and, believe it or not, velveeta!! LOL
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Buy the poison they eat and that will take care of your problem and you wont have to worry about stink it also dehydrates them. then just sweep it up and dump.
    meganiph

Answer by meganiph at 6:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009