Hormones

How do they do hormone test, and if my levels are low how do they fix that?

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 12:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Health

• Theres a couple different ways they do it. I have only had blood tests done. At the time, I had severely low estrogen and my progesterone and testosterone was low as well. I opted for the bio identical hormones that are compounded at the pharmacy just for me based on dosage. They are not like synthetic hormones found in birthcontrol pills and HRT. I had been on BC for many years and when I went off of it, my levels dropped dramatically. I was under a lot of stress too. It was like my body had been used to me giving it hormones for years that it wouldn't make its own again. I couldnt take the crying and depression and dry skin, ect. The compounded capsules helped me immensely, but finding a doctor that knows about compounded hormones is not easy. I would avoid birth control and any other synthetic hormone if you can. You can also test by saliva. I am not sure which is more accurate but the saliva is done at home. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009