BF eating problem?

My boyfriend will not stop eating I am 9 months pregnant and he eats more then I do. I go to get a snack and its gone and he denies hes gaining weight although everyone tells me how heavy hes getting. I tried talking to him about it and he says its because he has a pain in his stomach that makes him sick if he don't eat LOL. he went to bed last night at 7 pm and didn't wake up till 9 am today. he does not excersize and he lays around playing video games... what should I do? ignore it?...makes me wonder what kind of dad he'll be

faithsMoM27

Asked by faithsMoM27 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• He needs to up his fiber intake, both soluble and insoluble, and his water intake. I'm not joking, my son has this problem; it's caused by a slow-moving large intestine that creates backup in the digestive tract, producing more stomach acid and breakdown of material, wich creates gas, bloating and pain. He needs to make sure he's getting fiber at every meal and drinks enough fluid during the day.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• He may never really listen to anything coming from you...can you get him to the doctor?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No he said the docter cant help him and he use to get these pains when he was a kid.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my husband gained alot of weight too.I have struggled with it too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• ha ha I know whasts worng with him. He's sympothy pregnant! lol I know this may sound ridiculous but its true because he is so close to you he can feel your pain. My babys father also went thru this with me and gained jus as much weight as I did when I was pregnant which was 30 lbs. He had all the "sweet" craving while I still ate healthy. I wouldn't worry too much about it but try to encourage him to eat healthier and excersize more without trying to to hurt his feeling lol. Good luck!
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant too. It happens.
    Now, about sleeping a lot; talk to him about it. You can exercise together to make it more fun and start buying healthy foods. I also get pains in my stomach if I don't eat, he should get checked out. If you are worried about him and he sees that, he will try to make a difference.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the sympathy pregnancy theory!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009