Does anyone know how to propagate a lucky bamboo ?

Mine has grown to nearly a foot I want to make babies but not sure how to proceed

CSRodriguez

Asked by CSRodriguez at 12:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First you need to use a fingernail file to saw thru the stalk. Only a metal file will work. Then dip the cut end into a mixture of equal parts of sugar and apple juice. Within 7 seconds, place it cut/dipped side down into a jar/pot or bowl filled with corn flakes and enough water to moisten them.

Here is the video I made of me doing it:

APRIL FOOLS! LOL!

No, really, it's simple....

Lucky bamboo is easily propagated in clean water. Take trimmings that include at least one leaf joint and put them in distilled water. New roots should emerge from the bottom of the stalk. Keep the water clean. Once the roots have emerged, you can either put the plant in a vase with decorative pebbles or pot it up in regular soil.

LindyLou

Answer by LindyLou at 12:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I am comming over there to kick u butt I was like what the @@@@ Thanks mama I should have babies soon then
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 2:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009