Diaper rash...HELP

I've tried Desitin, A&D, neosporin and powder and her little bottom is just raw. Any other ideas?

anglgrl03

Asked by anglgrl03 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Leave her naked for a while.

How old is she? If she is not crawling yet, then just lay her on a towel with a garbage bag underneath and let he be naked. If she is crawling, then keep her in the kitchen and let her play with her toys in there naked.

Air does wonders for a diaper rash.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I've done that for about an hour at a time 3-4 times a day for the last 3 days and it is still not getting better. She is almost 8 months
    anglgrl03

Answer by anglgrl03 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Then try taking her to the doctor, it may be a yeast infection of sorts (I have heard that around here but not experienced it myself)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• might be time to call the doc,some rashes are caused by a yeast or fungus
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Sounds like a yeast infection. My daughter has gotten them a few times, you need a prescription to get rid of it (I have cheated and used to monistat cream too and it did help but not as good as a prescription) Might need to call the Dr. Creams just make it worse on my dd
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My daughter used to diaper rashes really bad and a presciption ointment only would clean it up. Then my pharmacist suggested instead of prescrip cause of the expense buy over the counter monistat that had the same ingredients as the prescrip but to use it very spareingly. That cleared it up pretty fast definitely as well as the script. He also told me to use only pure kitchen corn starch when she didn't have a rash and to put on her when all tottaly clear vaseline to keep chlorine and wet bathing suit from bothering her in mommy and me swimming classes. Look up Dr. Joseph and Theresa Graedon's book - they have great comments ideas.
    Anonymous

• I used Lansioh Nipple Cream and it worked wonders. I put her to bed with it and in the morning there would be no rash. But one time my daughter had a horrible rash the the nipple cream wouldn't clear up. I took her to the doctor and he said it was a yeast rash. He told me to put Lotrimin on it. It cleared it right up.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 1:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Have you tried Butt Paste? That works overnight for my dd, when nothing else does. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I usually mix monistat with a zinc based cream like A&D. And use that for every diaper change and then one extra day past when it is clear. I would look into calling the doc though.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have used something called bordeauxs butt paste and that seems to work really well. Also there is the cream called corona it is in a yellow jar with a red lid. You would find it at a place like D and B. It is used for cows utters but it works wonders on diaper rashes. If you have tried other creams and nothing helps though it sounds like a yeast diaper rash which you have to go to the doctor to get rid of.
    Anonymous