She's 4 months old, should i take her????

My mom wants me to go to Mexico this Saturday through Wednesday. She wants me to take my baby, she's four months. My mom is taking my little brother as well, he's 1 yr. I really want to go so everyone in Mexico can meet my daughter but i'm scared of making my baby uncomfortable, we would take a plane to a city near where we're going but then it's a 5 hr ride to my grandmas house because there is no airports close to her town. 5HRS!! i feel like that is too much to be in a car for a 4 month old. My mother-in-law says not to take her because she's too small but yet i'm taking her to HER side of the family in Guadalajara MX in the summer. I feel it's infair to not take her to my side of themfamily where my dad is at and where he can meet his grandaughter. I REALLY want to go but i'm kind of afraid of risking my baby's confort. I dont know what to do, i have my vacation request form sitting at my desk, undecided.

Lilahs_Mommy21

Asked by Lilahs_Mommy21 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Travel

• I'd take her if she already good with car rides. just take several baby breaks along the way and she should sleep through most of the drive.
    Anonymous

• I would go and be sure that you take breaks if she is awake. She will probably surprise you and sleep the entire car ride. Have fun and stay safe. Good Luck
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would take her... I tookmy 9 month old on an 8 hour ride and 4 hour plane right back to back... and my step brother took my niece on a 13 hour drive when she was only 6 weeks old and she was fine.... but you know your baby better then anyone, so really its up to you.
    Anonymous

• I forgot to mention that we are not taking car seat, they dont use them in MX so i'd have to hold her the whole way.
    Lilahs_Mommy21

Answer by Lilahs_Mommy21 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I took my son on a plane at 3 months and he slept the entire way I would take your child with you plus I had to hold him the entire time that's even better she will sleep like a log. lol
    Mommy2be31660

Answer by Mommy2be31660 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• IM GOING! :) (if they approve my request) lol

Thanks for all your advice, that's what i needed to make up my mind!!!

Now i'll just have to deal with the plane right, never been on one so i'm terrified!!! haha

thanks again!
    Lilahs_Mommy21

Answer by Lilahs_Mommy21 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Take her, just remember to stop often and get her out of the seat to stretch.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 7:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i would take a car seat especially with her that young. better safe than sorry
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would definitely take the carseat, you can check it as checked baggage on the plane. Car accidents happen there just like they do here. But yes, if you feel safe enough to travel there, then yes it would be fine to take your daughter. Mine have been on 14 hour car rides to visit family when we first joined the military, so they can definitely handle it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009