Does anyone know a sure-fired remedy for getting rid of head lice? My daughter was sent home from school with it,and nothing seems to be working! HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Kids' Health

• what have you tried?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• So far, mayonnaise, and just products from the store that are supposed to work. I'm at my wit's ends here!
    Anonymous

• RID. Get something from her doctor and then thorughly clean your house. All the bedding, stuffed animals, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i used rid on my daughter and it worked but you have to comb and comb and comb her hair. and yes wash everything you can wash on the hottest setting
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My mom used to use castor oil from when I was younger sometimes vinegar....
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• nix for 4 hours, then vaseline over night and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN your house.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Oh and wash everything in HOT water....
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Thanks, we'll do that. Never thought to wash everything,but it makes sense, since she's touched it all. I appreciate the quick responses ladies!
    Anonymous

• One more thing. If you take her to the doctor they can give you a perscription shampoo that WORKS. also get pest bombs instead of having to clean like crazy. and make sure you dont have it, they like CLEAN hair. and really just clean anything. bomb before you clean cuz just cleaning may not get rid of it. good luck. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• www.vinegarman.com/healthheadlice.shtml

vinegar helps
    Anonymous