what should it look like?

when i first had my baby they said to look for yellow seedy stool.
she had that for a while but now its darker usually, more orangey. And last night she had a very runny greyish looking one. But today it's back to the usual orangey color.
I exclusively breastfeed.
Should I be concerned? I thought about calling my doctor, but I figured it's a pretty basic question and I could ask here...
Oh and she is just over a month old!

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 1:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Poop comes in a variety of colors and will change as she grows and based on what you eat. Don't be alarmed. Think about what you have eaten in the last few days and maybe you will figure out what it causing it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Most breastmilk poop is yellow and seedy, but it changes based on your diet.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It depends on what you eat.
    But you do not need to worry about the color just the texture. If it is hard like clay the baby is constipated. The baby should not cry like they are in pain either.
    But you will get lots of suprises!!! Just watch out for the squirters!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 6:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was told that as long it was an earthy tone you were fine. so yellow, orange, brown, green, etc. If it's red or black take her in asap. Good job on the BFing!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009