How much does your 6 year old weigh?

My son is 6 and wights 39lbs and my 1 year old weighs 28lbs. so i just wanted to know if his weigh is low for his age.(he always was unweigh as a baby/toddler)

mammaboyz113

Asked by mammaboyz113 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 60 lbs...He is also 4 ft tall. He is skinny as a rail.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• go to the cdc.gov and get a couple of growth charts and plot them out to see if they are where they are supposed to be. Just remember that what is normal for your child doesn't necessarily mean the 50th percentile. My DD is way under the growth chart but is happy and healthy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My daughter is six years old and weighs 45 lbs. She is tall and very thin. No matter what she eats, she does not gain any weight. She loves vegetables and eats about two or three helpings of them at each meal. She is in a size 5 pants but wears size 7/8 shirts.
    huffmanall4

Answer by huffmanall4 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My 6 year old weighs 43. She is really tall for her age but boney, boney!! My son had the same body and I used to worry so much that on top of his meals I would feed him slim fast and fattening desserts like cheesecake, no joke. now he's normal, not fat and TALL. My 6yr's doctor says she's thin but average, so?? they'll eventually c atch up. but now I have to take away the cheesecake, my son LOVES it!!! lol
    Anonymous

• Well my 8 year old weighs 110 shes very tall but she isnt fat. I forgot how tall she is but im 5'7 and she's about to my shoulders.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• 50 lbs...solid
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I checkd my journal and when The Boy was six he weighed 59 pounds, but he's really tall and muscular.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• 38 pounds and 42 inches tall shes little for her age but makes up for it with her smarts lol
    princessemilie

Answer by princessemilie at 1:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My daughter just turned 7 a week ago - she weighs 70lbs and is over 4 foot tall. She has lost 15lbs since January b/c of meds she is taking. I don't think you can necessarily go off of charts that the gov. uses b/c they have always told me both of my kids are overweight and my son only weight 49lbs and was 4 years old but was 43 inches tall. So he was not big at all. My daughter doesn't look like she weighs 70lbs. She looks a lot littler than that. I think it only matters if you know they are eating what they need to be eating then it shouldn't matter how big or little they are.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 4:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My six year old weighs the same amount as yours, that's not too low, depends on the build and their growth, has your child lost weight or has their gain been consistent no matter how slow it is, and does your child eat healthy. Mine eat like pigs and are skinny as twigs, they're very active children that love meats, fruits and vegetables (none are picky eaters) and so I get no concerns from any doctor no matter how small they've been. At one years old my children average at less than 20 lbs.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2009