My two year old humps every thing in sight what should i do?.....

shaquay07

Asked by shaquay07 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have no idea..... but I couldn't help but think of that little dog in Sex and the City (movie). I'm certain if it were my child I would want to make the child stop ( I would also probably want to try to relate that it was 'ugly' to do that) but with a 2 year old.... this is a very good question!! I'm laughing so hard, and I'm so sorry I'm laughing, but visually, it's hilarious.

Where do you think he picked that up from? I'm sure it has to be innocent (although extremely embarrassing). You may just have to be very diligent in keeping a eye on him and stop him every time until this phase is over... surely it's a phase.

I'm sorry, I am at a loss on it being a 2 year old. If the child were older I'd have to say a stern "stop that" or even a swat on the pants (if he didn't stop after being told to stop).... but a 2 year old? Bless your heart honey.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It's probably just a comfort thing. My son semi-recently started doing this and he'll be three in may, but he calls it dancing. I sat him down and told him it's not polite. He told me he's just dancing. I just told him that he shouldn't do that because some people might not think its so nice, or that he's dancing. He didn't understand but stopped doing it so much. Talk to your son the way you normally talk to him about something and he might just stop. Otherwise it might just be a phase that he'll get over soon. It's something to be embarassed about to your pedi, so if you want I would suggest going to them. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my son did this at age 4 and after discussing how impolite it is we began to ignore it, we figured he was doing it to get a rise after we had the discussion. Ignoring him did the trick but it took a couple of weeks. Boy did I find this disconcerting!
    glennie58

Answer by glennie58 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009