How crazy would this be?

I've always wanted to visit a certain city, that happens to be on the other side of the country from where I live. For some reason lately I've really been craving to go. I have the money for a plane ticket but not for hotel and other expenses. How crazy would it be to fly out in the morning just to spend a day, and then fly back home that night? It would be a really great daycation, but I don't know if it'd be worth it or even possible. I just feel like being spontaneous lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When my aunt graduated from college, she put her girls in the car and drove to California (we live in NM) for the day. They drove around, looked at the sights, then came home! It'll be worth it if you really want to do it.
    Anonymous

• If you really want to, then go for it! But why not check some of the travel sights like Travelocity or Hotwire to see if you can get a package deal for a hotel and plane ticket? Look for hotels that have mini refrigerators and microwaves and you can eat in to also save money. Don't get me wrong, flying across country for a day seems like a wonderfully spontanious thing to do, but that practical side of me thinks you should make all the money you spend on a plane ticket worth the trip!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009