I dont think that my baby is alive anymore?

Im only 6 weeks pregnant but I woke up this morning with soubts that it was still alive Im scared should I see a doctor or am I just worrying too much?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you are just worrying. I was the same way at that time. Like ReneeK3 said...when you can't feel the baby move and aren't getting bigger sometimes your mind just can't accept that it is real. But trust me once you see that little bump start to get bigger and bigger and start feeling those little kicks, it will be REAL. I felt like I couldn't get attached to my baby until the 1st trimester was over cause I was so terrified of having a miscarriage. I didn't really want to talk about being pregnant and I wasn't really excited because I was so afraid I would get all my hopes up for this great life and I would lose the baby. But soon enough that first trimester was over, I had an ultrasound and heard the heartbeat and my little guy is 21 weeks along and doing great! The first few weeks are always hard but worrying yourself to death is just gonna make it worse. Be happy! :) Congrats!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You are most likely just worrying. It's hard to believe you have a baby inside of you when you aren't getting bigger and you can't feel anything. Once you're able to see the ultrasound and feel the baby you won't worry as much. I think everyone I know worried the same about it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Your probably worrying but if you have the doubt dont you think you should be calling your clinic or seeing a doctor right away.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 1:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• So that you don't worry, you should get checked.

Answer by Bmat at 1:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You are worrying. And being 6 weeks, if something were to happen then they couldn't do anything for you.
    Anonymous

• You are most likely just worrying. I remember feeling exactly the same one day and it didn't pass till my 8 week appt and when I heard the heartbeat I was relieved, and then I went thru it again until the 12 week appt. It is just normal to worry about the baby's life before it becomes obvious that they are inside you moving around.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 1:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I wasn't ever paranoid about it, but I did worry some. It's just because you don't have the belly, and you can't feel anything just yet. Hang in there, I started getting a bump at just 3 months, everyone swore I was having twins. I had a 9wk u/s and for sure there was just one! lol

If it will make you feel better, get yourself checked out...they can't hear the HB on a doppler just yet, so you/insurance may have to pay for an u/s, and even then you can't see much.

Hang in there Momma, I'm sure everything is okay. But if you're really worried, then you need to go get checked.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009