Has anyone gotten their period while they were pregnant? Is it common or Very Uncommon??

I am paranoid about being pregnant....its inscane and embarassing, but I got my period, but been extremely tired and nasueated, 4 me to be pregnant is practically impossible....We have used a condom everysingle time, but I am just a big worrier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can not have your period while pregnant. You can have spotting from something else, but not a actual period.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You should learn to stop worrying. Otherwise you'll be worried 12 times a year every year until menopause and probably even after that! Take birth control.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes, you CAN have your period while pregnant. I did with my son for the first five months. I didn't find out I was pregnant till I was almost 23 weeks. I found out I was pregnant, that I was having a boy, and that I was 22 and a half weeks pregnant all in one day. You should really take a test first thing in the morning, and if its negative and you still think you might be, then I would call your doctor. Good luck. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes, you can have your period while pregnant. It's the most common reason why many women don't know their pregnant unil into their 2nd trimester. It's possible. If you're paranoid about it, take a test. If you're still worried, call your Dr.

And maybe think about using a little bit more reliable source of birth control.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I am sorry to say, again, that you cannot have your period while pregnant. My mother is a gyno and you defintely can't! You can have vaginal bleeding, but no actual period. If you had a period while pregnant then that would mean you are losing the pregnancy. I am sorry that some of you were misinformed, but what you experienced was not a true pregnancy.
    OP, I would reccomend taking a test if you have a gut feeling and are worried. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• kboney i'm confused how could she have not have a true pregnancy and end up with a baby? so it was a fake pregnancy and a fake baby right?!? I have a friend who had that happen, she hatd her period the whole 9 mo... Take a test to ease your mind
    mom-x-2

Answer by mom-x-2 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If you truly had your period for nine months then you were never pregnant. Pregnancy hormones block ovulation and without ovulation you can't have a period. They simply cannot exsist together. You can vaginal bleeding, like implantation or deicdual bleeding. Decidual bleeding is usually what peple had when they say they had their period while they were pregnant. This is when your hormones are out of whack and you are loosing some of the lining of the uterus before the placenta has fully formed.
    I think a lot of woman are uninformed about this. It is the most common misconception my mother deals with.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I am wodering how many people it happens to cause there are a lot of people who say they got their period in the first 2 or 3 mons and my doctor said that I conceived my daughter before my last mentral period, there fore I got my period when I was pregnant. I know its not something that normally happens but I think it does happen. That is what my dr. told me.
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 3:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i have an aunt that was pregnant and still had her period, i really dont know how but she noticed until she was 8 months pregnant :$
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No...you cannot have you period..some think they do...b/c they bled for 5 months just like their period it is called DECIDUAL BLEEDING!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2009