Help with Bedtime PLEASE!!!

My daughter is about to be a yr old, and since she was 2 months old she has been on a night time schedule. She gets a bath at 8, has her night time bottle, and is asleep and in her bed by 9. For awhile she was sleeping fairly good at night, but over the past few months I feel like I have a newborn in the house again. She will get up sometimes up to 5 times through the night. I am really starting to get wore down and I could really use some suggestions. Please Help ME!!!

cheybugs08

Asked by cheybugs08 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does she sleep in her own room????? if so try puttin a fan or something in the room with her so it will have some kind of noise going on.... my daughter is 14 months old and she will wine in her sleep some durin the night but if shes in the bed alone she sleeps better when the fan is on..
    djgagurl

Answer by djgagurl at 2:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yeah she does sleep in her own room. She has an air purifier and a radio, but for some reason she just wont sleep all night.... but man o man do i wish she would!
    cheybugs08

Answer by cheybugs08 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Does she sleep later in the morning? Is she napping ok?? Sometimes night waking occurs when they're over tired. Is she teething? If she hasn't gotten her molars yet, they could be the culprit as well.
    Try giving her infant motrin before bed and see if that helps.
    If not, try an earlier sleep schedule: up by 7 a.m., a.m. nap at 9 (whichever is two hours after waking), p.m. nap two hours after waking from the first nap, and in bed by 7p.m.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Oh mommy - I have no words of advice but I feel your pain - my son has always has sleeping issues and its so wearing! hang in there
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Have you tried a slightly earlier bedtime. She could be getting overtired since she's more physically active now. Overtired kids don't sleep as well, contrary to what one would think. We tried this around that age and it helped.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009