How can i get my 4 month old to nap on his own?

My almost 4 month old baby wont nap during the day unless i either rock him to sleep or breast feed him. Once he does drift off, if i put him down on the bed/crib he will wake up in about 10 minutes..he sleeps longer if he is in my arms ..is there some way i can get him to sleep longer on his own ? At nighttime we co-sleep, and so he manages to sleep for a long time waking up only to be fed.. I need to get back to work soon and dont want him to feel abandoned at the daycare :( plss help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 5 week old naps in her bouncer with the vibrations on. She will take a 2.5 hour nap before she wakes up to play or eat. She sleeps really well in her basinet at night (When she has her days and nights right...we are working on it).
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Harmony is six weeks old luckily she sleeps during the night thank god has been doing it for 4 weeks now! she only takes like two naps a day
    momma2harmony

Answer by momma2harmony at 2:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would highly recommend you buy a copy of The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 3:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Wait until he's older? heh, Emi still wont nap on her own much at 6 months. Sorry hon
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009