OK SO I TRYED THE BRING THEM BACK TO THERE ROOM AND DONT SAY ANYTHING LAST NIGHT !?

WHELL IT DIDNT WORK AT ALL BETWEEN 7:30 AND 8:42 SHE HAD TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO HER ROOM 26 TIMES(YEAH I KEPT TRACK) AND 5 POTTY BREAKS , WHICH INCLUDED TRASHING HER ROOM AND STRIPPING BUT NAKED SO SHE COULD "PEE" AND BEGGED FOR HOT MILK.....IM AT MY WITS END ....SHE WAS ON A SLEEP SCHEDULE BUT OUT OF NOWHERE'S SHE WAS BEGGING TO COME WITH US ....SHE NOW THROWS FITS WHERE YOU CANT EVEN TOUCH HER BECAUSE SHE'S GOING CRAZY! HELP ME PLZZZZZ.....IM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING !

ELIZABETHSMO902

Asked by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'll be starting this in a couple of days myself when my daughter's crib is going bye-bye. Everything I've read said it can take dozens of trips each night and quite a few nights but it does work in the end.
    A couple things I'll be doing to help (I hope!) are:
    A sippy cup of water next to her bed - she' s had one in her crib for over a year so this isn't really a changae but it did cut out the midnight hollering for some water and could drop the "I need a drink" requests for you.
    A little potty in her room - I'm hoping she'll get up and pee on her own but at the least this will mean she doesn't get to leave her darkened bedroom to go potty once it is bedtime. It also means that I can enforce the "You do NOT leave your room" rule, she won't have a need to stumble around the darkened house at 2am, and she can always holler for me through the monitor just as she does now.

Good luck!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I did the same thing, but I read to my kids until they fell asleep, or even told stories, anything to make them relax.
    Anonymous

• My only suggestion is to keep taking her back to her room without talking to her......It took a few days of doing it with my son, but it does work!
    I know its hard but keep it up!!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 2:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I dont know if you spank or not. If you do that is my suggestion. A firm swat on the butt will get her attention. Espcialy if you don't usually spank. Tell her that it is bed time. If you don't stop I will spank your hiney/Butt/Bottom. And if she doesn't stop. Turn her on her belly and swat her behind with your open hand one good time.

She should stop. Let her cry it out while you sit there. Once she is done, ask her if she is ready to behave. If so, then tell her you will tuck her in bed and read her ONE book.

I hope this helps.
    Anonymous

• HEY GIRL, I SEE YOUR HAVING TROUBLE TOO. EMMY HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT. SHE NEVER WANTS TO GO TO BED TILL WE GO TO BED AND IT'S MISERABLE. WE TELL HER TO GO TO BED AND SHE JUST DOESN'T WANT TO. WE TRYED WHIPPING HER HINEY AND THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO DO IT EITHER BECAUSE SHE TRIES TO WHIP US BACK, AND WE DON'T WANT TO WHIP HER ANY HARDER. WE TRY TO MAKE HER NAP RIGHT AFTER LUNCH TIME BUT SHE NEVER WANTS TO AND IF WE TRY TO KEEP HER AWAKE ALL DAY SO THAT SHE'LL SLEEP AT NIGHT WELL TO OUR SURPRISE SHE'S READY TO TAKE HER NAP AROUND 5 AND SHE GETS REALLY REALLY PISSY AND DOESN'T WANT TO LISTEN TO US AT ALL SHE STARTS HER TANTRUM. WE ARE THE SAME WAY WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. SO IF YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS LET ME KNOW, BECAUSE WE TRIED EVERYTHING.
    JKLIEBERT2004

Answer by JKLIEBERT2004 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Give the consistency of putting her back in bed a try for a few more days. If you're still nowhere, try this: sit in her room in a chair next to her bed until she falls asleep. Each night move the chair away from her bed and closer to the door. By the time you're out the door she should no longer need you in there.
    My 28 mos twins have been on a "no nap" strike. I find that sitting in there with them in a rocking chair telling them firmly to lie down and go to sleep then pretending to sleep myself gets the job done.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Please dont spank. I think that would probably just make the situation worse. Okay 5 potty breaks Im sure she didnt potty every time and if she did wow.lol I would make the announcement there will be only one potty break, they will not be getting anything to eat or drink. Say you will read a story if they go to bed, they wont probably not the second night anyway. I promise if you continue what you started last night it will work!! You as a momhave to be stronger than the child. If you dont continue with this they will know you arent serious. Please try it for a week atleast it will get easier when they know they wont be able to wear you down.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You just have to be consistant and don't give in. Have a cup of water (if you want to and aren't potty training) by her bed, a night light (even a lamp she can turn on and off if need be) and tell her NO getting out of bed. When she does (because she will - she is testing you to see what she can get away with) simply walk her back to bed and tell her to sleep. Keep repeating this. As long as you are consistant and dont give her what she wants, within a week or so, it will be better. Good luck!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009