• In the Spotlight:

Have you noticed how much razor blades have gone up

I had to but refill blades for our mach 3 razor. I usually just crabl them as passign by and don't look at the price. I remember it use to be 8.??. Well, i glanced at the price and it was $13.?? for the 5 pack. I was like yikes. But gotta have them. The throw aways irritate hubbs face real bad. And we like that razor. Anyways i was just wandering if anyone else noticed how steep soemthings have gotten.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Crazy, isn't it? I hate paying that much, but they seem to be the best. And they are never on sale!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You can get razors for really cheap using coupons and shopping the sales. Try the group CVS and Walgreens, and the website hotcouponworld.com. There's also iheartwags.com and iheartcvs.com. You do have to buy newspapers and pay attention to the ads, but its a lot better than paying $13 on razors.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 3:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yep. And now they are actually cutting back what is in the packages. I heard that people mostly pay attention to the price rather than the amount or quantity of the item so they kept the price the same or similar and are actually selling you less product(s).
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes, and I think the reason is because (at least with the Mach razors), Gillette is now making Mach 5's, and would like to eliminate the Mach 3's...so they are upping the price because the produce less and sell less.

Have you compared the Mach 3 price to the Mach 5 price...for the same quantity?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We actually got groceries today and our Wal-Mart has the razors locked up now and my husband went to pick them up and when he threw them in the buggy he said add $13 to the calculator. I only buy razors every couple of months, but I thought that was higher than usual.
    Anonymous