• In the Spotlight:

YOU being judgemental is making those who need help puting food in our kids' mouths feel guilty!

Some of us have NO choice but to use government aide to help provide medical and food for our kids. Yes there are people abusing the system. The people like myself who NEED this assitsance are made to feel so guilty for needing help until we are on our feet again.

Some of us are laid off, leaving spouses, have been beaten and leaving bad relationships, are down on our luck due to medical emergencies, and so on.

What gives YOU the right to judge us for needing help to get on our feet? YOU, judgemental one, make us feel even worse for needing to ask for help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• only you can make your self feel guilty for using it. i can not make some one feel a certain way i do not have the power to do some thing like that. but people should stop judging others because they do not know any ones situation.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Amen. I don't even reply to the people who post things like that. I just read one while ago and just left without replying. I at one time needed foodstamps and medicaide. My husband was unemployed and trying to find work for almost 8 months. What was I going to do? Make money grow on trees?/

Enough is enough already! How about instead of attacking people, you try and understand or better yet......Just worry about what you can do to help yourself AND Others!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with you but have found that the judgmena\tal ones are usually ignorant and have never been through bad times. They should be more sympathetic but at the same time they cant help it. I pray no one ever has to go through what you are describing, but I have and obviously you know what it is like as well. I just wish that the ignorant ones would look at all sides of the issue and not look down on something that could easily happen to them too if the economy keeps heading like it is. Sorry, and I do understand.
    Anonymous

• Don't ever feel guilty for doing whatever you gotta do to provide for your kids. my mom needed help financially when we were growing up. i can remember before foodstamps was a card and looked like actually money. but that didnt make my mom any less of a mother to me. she did what she had to do and im proud of her for it. so ignore the things that make you feel bad and if you are doing what you need to do, the be proud that atleast you are doing the best you can. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The ones who judge dont know what its like. Screw them :) I dare someone to say something to me while using my wic so my boys can have their milk and formula.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think most can see that some just need a breif hand until they can manage on their own such as those situatuions you speak of.I really do not know many who would be against that.What most gripe about is when it isn't used as it was intended to be.If that is not you then no reason to feel guilty.
    Anonymous

• I agree 100% mrssundin!! Very well put!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would be sick to my stomache if I had to depend on the government so my kids could eat. Hopefully youre doing everything you can to get off the system. Alot of people do need it, alot dont. I worked in the social service field and most I saw didnt.
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel. Instead of judging a person because they need assistance, people should feel blessed because they don't need it. And there are those who say," I can barely feed my kids but I don't qualify" and they jump all over those who do. Obviously they tried to get them if they know they don't qualify and if they did they would use them happily! If they don't qualify that's something they need to take up with their state, not the ones who receive it! I know there are people who abuse the system but there are plenty who don't. This is such a sore issue and I don't think people are ever going to see eye to eye on it.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it is unavoidable to use food stamps as a means to feed your family.

That being said, we need to risk people having a bit of a guilty feeling, or people would never better themselves.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009