my son who just turned three has started pooping and peeing on floor he has been potty trained for a year. any suggestions of how to stop this

LUCYLAND

Asked by LUCYLAND at 2:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• spank him
    Anonymous

• Has something changed at home or preschool to bring this on? Or a new baby? Well, if it continues for a long time, I would give him a spank but otherwise, I'd put him on the toilet after every drink or meal and talk to him. Many boys are not trained at 3 yet so it's normal but doing it on the floor for attention isn't. Have you tried a potty chart? Sounds like you need to start from square one again. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Have him help clean up the mess and put his dirty clothes in the wash. It may help.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It could be attention. I wouldn't spank him though. that's a little harsh IMO.

has he been around any new people? New situation or routine at home? Something frighten him lately? Alot of reasons for children doing this, some simple and some more serious.

You need to find the reason before you can stop it. And yelling at him is not the answer either. It's an embarrassment I"m sure if it's not for attention.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009