How to clean ears?

My babies ear's always seem to have wax build up in them. And I have heard that your not suposed to use qtips. So how are you suposed to clean their ears? I have special baby qtips but have only used them a few times. Hes four months.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 2:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• use the Q-tips... they are fine
    Anonymous

• I always used qtips with my son, I just didn't actually put them in his ear, just wiped the outside and right along the edge. I asked my mom before doing it, and she said that's how she did with me and my sisters and none of us having any major hearing issues (besides my sisters' teenaged selective hearing of course LoL) so it couldn't have been too traumatic.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I use the baby q-tips
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I always use Q-tips. The doctors say Q-tips are ok as long as you dont go deep in the ear that is when its bad because you need earwax there.
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 3:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I wipe my daughter's ears out after a bath with the end of her towel. This is how I clean my own ears too. I was always told not to use q-tips because it may seem your getting out all the wax but you are pushing a lot back into your ear.
    Anonymous