Nursery themes

What themes have you chosen for your nursery and how did you choose that theme?

vamom2be

Asked by vamom2be at 2:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• my dd's room didn't have a theme it was just bright colors (lime green, purple & pink)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My first DD we chose Teddy Bears. We chose that theme because we were going to do classic pooh, but then someone gave my mom a bunch of teddy bear stuff so I just used that because my mom was nice enough to give it to me and I didn't want to hurt her by giving it to me then saying I was doing something else with the room so I just used that.
    My secoond DD we were going to do classic pooh again, but after pricing the stuff we couldn''t afford it all so we just went with plan winnie the pooh
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Our nursery is in a pale green toile. We chose it because it was gender neutral. And could be used over again. Also ended up finding an antique crib that had wood work details in it and the accents in the wood matched the fabric and the walls perfectly!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• With my son, no real theme. I chose baby disney bedding because it had minnie and mickeys head around the bumper pad and I knew babies like looking at faces and simple contrasting pics. And it would be perfect. And, I was right. He loved to stare at it. I also had a big pretty picture of a baby sleeping on a cloud that I hung above his bed.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I made a mobile of Dr. Seuss characters but that was the extent to the theme. My sister had a girl and she had a Southern France motif for her daughter's room and it was very pretty.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My daughter and I picked a calming and very updated color from Pottery Barn kids catalog of nice pale pinks and brown, and then chose lite pink plaids and also solid whites for the bedding. Everyone that visits her home loves the colors and the feel of the room. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009