Do you give your SO the silent treatment?

I talk to my hubby, but only on an as needed basis right now. He did something the other night that I did not agree with and when I spoke up about it he snapped and was a total butt about it. He was like "are you talking". So after that I kept my mouth shut and didn't say another word for the rest of the night. Last night, I talked to him when I had to. Other than that, I'm still so mad over the whole situation that I feel if I don't have anything nice to say, I won't say anything at all. I just want him to acknowledge that he was in the wrong. (not likely to happen) But, at least something. So, I'm wondering does this ever happen in your relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Seems like OP tried to talk to him about what was bothering her, that's when he snapped at her. It's not like she's ignoring him completely, she said if he needed to know something she talked to him. If you feel like you'll say something you'll regret, I see nothing wrong with keeping quiet for awhile. After awhile, who knows, whatever he said may not seem like such a big deal and you'll both get over it! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• i do that but hes better at that game so i try not to. lol
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 3:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I will give him the silent treatment and it drives him nuts.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• In our marriage, my husband is the one that does the silent treatment. It hurts my feelings more than it makes me mad. It's immature and makes me feel like he doesn't value our marriage enough to speak with me to work things out. Fighting is okay and necessary when done in an appropriate manner - no name calling, yelling, hitting. Communication is important, even if you are upset. I do not agree with silent treatments. If you need an hour to cool off, then okay. But at least say, "I am upset and unable to talk to you right now so give me some time and we can talk." Like I said before, I think it's hurtful, immature and disrespectful. He isn't a mind reader. Tell him what you want and tell him what bothered you.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• That's the thing I tried to tell him and he cut me off and wouldn't listen! It's his way or no way it seems alot of the time!
    Anonymous

• anytime i try and give the silent treatment my hubby does something to make me smile/laugh. We just can't stay mad at each other lol
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yes I do the silent treatment and it drives my hubby nuts as well
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• LOL I try, but he knows all too well how to make me smile. Or he just pouts at me with his big ole puppy-dog eyes and I cave.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes I do and it works!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No. We are grown-ups.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009