Where you work does this happen

When the main boss , constantly has visitors in his office (mostly family members) just chatting not business related. THen customers get mad cause you can't transfer calls in there or they have to wait, but then you get in trouble because you take a message on something and they said you should have gave them the call, but normally you get introuble for interrupting.It's like hello, make up your mind do you not want me do bother you or not? And when you do interupt, they make somesort of smart comment under there breath, and when you dont give the call, they still make a smart comment. And usually all because just shouting the shit, or in a bad mood because of relationship trouble at home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yep. That's one of many reasons I quit.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I found that an effective way to handle a boss like that, is when the office is quiet, to simply approach him/her, and say (something to the effect) that: "I understand you are very busy at times, but I want to be an effective employee, and I would really appreciate if you could help me to define the circumstances of when and where it is or is not acceptable to interrupt your meetings."

Make it clear once he/she tells you these "exceptions" that you will take messages for any other situation that is not on "the list."

You might find your boss making exceptions to his/her rule, but at least it will foster better communication between the two of you, and make the office a more enjoyable place--for everyone! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Great answer Lori! This is a good way to handle the kind of bosses who are unstable. I had a female boss who owned the small company and she would literally scream in your face when you didn't do what she thot you should be doing. One min. it was one way, the next day it was another. We kinda laughed behind her back when we were't under too much stress atributing her unstable behavior to the fact that her husband worked out of town 29 days out of 30! lol smart man.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009