Tattoos & your S.O's name...

How many of you have your husbands / boyfriends / SO's name tattooed on you? Is anyone with someone who has your name on them? Anybody with an ex's name stuck on them? If you've gotten your S.O's name tattooed on yourself, do you have any regrets?

AlleyK

Asked by AlleyK at 3:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have my husbands name on me. Ive heard all the negative and bashing about it but whatever. I actually have it twice. the first is his name in arabic on my wrist, its little and cute looking. and i know its spelt right because his mom wrote it out for me and i just had the artist do exactly that. the other is a tiny snake with JAKe above it in my handwriting, hes..Jake the Snake haha. so yea. He has my initials, my maiden name initials on his forearm, he got it done when we were dating and it was his first tattoo. There are tattoo artisit that will even refuse to do spouse/bfgf names because of the voodoo or taboo that "comes along with it". weve had no worse stuff happen in our relationship that people with 0 tattoos havent had. Hes my highschool hunny, my husband, the father of my children. IF something were to ever go sour, we'd still have all that history and our children in common. but i know enough that it wont happen.
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have my husband and childs name on my left wrist. I look at it this way.
    I had a child with him, even if we divorce I will always be stuck with him because he is the father of my child. I have to regrets because it is a part of my history, and nothing will change it.
    rememberm3alway

Answer by rememberm3alway at 3:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I feel the same as the response above. I have his initials above 2 roses on my back. I got it when I was 18 right before we were married...our 6 year anniversary is coming up. I haven't gotten a tattoo for our son yet--he just turned 3. I really need to get that done. gah.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I only have my kids on my ankle next to a rose wit hearts. Your kids are always your kids but Your S/O or D/H who knows.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have my husbands name tattoo'd on me. Do I regret it? Yes. Not for the reasons you would think though. I was young and dumb when I got it. I didn't take the time to look into different places for getting it done. I simply walked in the nearest tattoo parlor and sat down. I ended up with a crooked tattoo. I've been looking into having it covered with something else. Anything else! Anything that would make it look better than it does now. Then getting the hubs name somewhere else at the parlor we know and trust. Hubs got all his done at one place and we love it. They did an amazing job.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 3:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Never never never. I told my best friend when she got her husband's name tattooed on her that she'd regret it and, well, she was just asking me the other day what she should get as a coverup now that they're divorced.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No, we have matching tats instead.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• THE ONLY NAMES I HAVE ON ME ARE MY CHILDREN & MY GRANDCHILDREN. MY HUBBY & I DECIDED ON MATCHING TATS. WE HAVE MIRROR IMAGES OF THE CASTLE THAT WAS ON OUR WEDDING INVITES ON OUR LEGS.
    HOAGIESBRAT

Answer by HOAGIESBRAT at 3:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband has my name on him ;-)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 4:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My hubby has my name on him. He also has our son's name. I just have our sons but will eventually get his.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009