about what age did you give your child there first cookie. Like one they can hold by them selves and just watch them while they eat it?

My mother in law gives my dd vanilla wafers and she gums them and takes little bites off of them, then they take it away from her when it gets about half way gone so she doesn't stick the whole thing in her mouth. I just saw this yesterday for the first time and i about fell out. They keep her during the day. I still only give her mushed up foods. I would never have gaven her a whole cookie. She had three yesterday. and loved it. She is 9 months.I thought it is still too early. What do you do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i gave my dd cookies @ 9mos but really soft ones
    Anonymous

• vanilla wafers should be ok, but like all sweets in moderation. But those type of cookies are like the zweiback taost, the melt in your mouth so to speak. Should be fine
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My son is 9 months and is basically on table food. I gave him his first cookie around 6 months. I think every baby is different though he's always been really good with food for some reason. try saltines my son loooooves those I get the ones without the salted tops. They dissolves quick and they can feed themselves with them. the Graduate puffs are amazing too
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 3:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Nope - 9 mo. is fine. I went exclusively to finger foods at 9 mo. It really depends on the child. If they're chewing, they're fine. Try Baby Mum Mums - they're rice rusks that babies hold and gum on. They melt quickly in their mouths so they aren't a choking hazard and they're safe for babies as young as 6 mo. Once you see how she handles the Baby Mum Mums, you might feel better about the whole thing. The only thing I'd be concerned about with the vanilla wafers is the sugar content. I don't think my daughter has ever had processed sugar...her birthday cake will be the first! =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009