So what do you nursing moms do?

when you want to go hang out with your girls or just go get your hair done? Do you pump and leave it for your DH or supplement with formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did both when I was nursing. In my opinion, you gotta let the guilt go and do something for you every now and then.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Pump and leave it for DH. However, if you're not able to pump enough milk and can't stimulate yourself to make more (I know people say that you can but it just does NOT work for some women *sigh*), you'll have to suppliment with formula. If you're hell-bent against formula, you can always wait until your baby is old enough for some solids so he/she can snack on those things until you get back.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It is ideal to pump because supplimenting decreases your supply. Although some women will suppliment with no problems. But usually after tasting tasty breastmilk babies don't care for formula.
    My dd never took a bottle so I never do any of the things you mentioned. She is working on a sippy cup now so my time is coming! Praize God!! lol
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I only nurse my baby, (he never had a bottle,, he is 8 months old), and when I have to go and do something I try to come back for the next feeding. It's really hard sometimes.....!!!!!
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I pumped and left the baby at home with daddy. I had a ladies game night recently and went after my son was asleep for the night. Also, some moms brought their breastfeeding infants.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I didn't really do much without my kids when they were infants. If I did, I'd try to plan it right after nursing. I'd leave milk, but neither of my kids would take a bottle. :::shrug:::
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I pump. And she's only needed a bottle once when I was gone. Usually I try to time it so she doesn't need one.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I pump and leave a bottle for my DH. We always have formula available just in case one bottle isn't enough, but we've never had to use it.
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 11:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I always bring my baby with me! Bring a sling, bring the baby, and have fun!
    I do not leave baby behind until baby is old enough to WANT to be left behind..LOL.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009